A one-pot dish that the whole family will love. No cream of soups are in this easy 8 ingredient recipe!
- 1 pound ground beef
- A pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 Tbsp dry minced onion
- 1/4 cup dry ranch dressing mix, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds Russet potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Stir in the pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the onion and 1 Tbsp of the ranch dressing mix. Add the potatoes on top. Fan them out so they aren’t stacked directly on top of each other. Sprinkle the remaining 3 Tbsp of the ranch dressing mix over the top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Gently stir in the sour cream and half half. Sprinkle the cheese on top and let melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot