The easiest pork chops ever. Plus they have tons of flavor!
- 4 thick pork chops, boneless or bone-in
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- Marinate the pork chops: Mix olive oil, soy sauce, steak seasoning in a Ziploc bag. Add the pork chops into the bag. Zip the bag and massage the marinade into the pork chops. Put the bag into the fridge for 3-8 hours. OR freeze for another day (see note).
- Pressure cook: Pour 1 ½ cups water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place a trivet in the bottom of the pot. Place the pork chops in an even layer on the trivet and if needed stack the pork chops crosswise on top of each other. Pour any leftover marinade from the Ziploc bag over the pork chops. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 6 minutes for fresh pork chops or 10 minutes for frozen pork chops. When the timer is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Serve. Serve pork chops with some of the juices from the pot drizzled on top.
If you are freezing your pork chops try to freeze them in a shape that will fit inside your Instant Pot. Mine were in a flat layer and wouldn’t fit into my 6 quart pot so I used my 8 quart pot. If you use a good freezer zipper bag, you can freeze these for up to 3 months.
You can also grill these pork chops. Instead of using your Instant Pot grill 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
This recipe can be gluten free. Just use gluten free soy sauce or tamari.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot