Seasoned and sauteed chicken tenders with Romano cheese and creamy lemon sauce.
- 7 chicken tenders (about 1 pound 4 ounces)
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup shredded pecorino romano cheese
- 2 cups chopped spinach, optional
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting.
- Season the chicken tenders on all sides with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and smoked paprika.
- When display on Instant Pot says HOT add in the olive oil. Add the chicken tenders in one layer. Let them brown for 2 minutes then turn over and brown for 2 minutes on the other side. Use tongs and place them on a plate.
- Add in the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the lemon juice and broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the butter, garlic, lemon zest and the chicken pieces.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button 2 minutes on LOW pressure. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cream and Romano cheese and spinach, if using. If the sauce needs to be thickened make a cornstarch slurry and stir it in on the sauté setting.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot