Thinly sliced beef drizzled with a flavorful homemade sesame dressing and served on top of rice or noodles. Add in some bell peppers and cabbage for color and crunch!
For the beef:
- 2 pound eye of round roast
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
For the dressing:
- ⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced gingerroot
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce (find in the Asian section at grocery store)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
For the bowls:
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Chopped cabbage
- Thinly sliced red bell pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Pat roast dry with paper towels. Press kosher salt and pepper into the meat on all sides.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Place roast into Instant Pot and let brown on one side for 5 minutes and then turn over and brown for another 5 minutes. Move the roast out of the pot. Pour broth into pot and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Add the roast back into the pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 25 minutes (yes 25 minutes). Remove the lid. Place meat on a cutting board and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a serrated bread knife (or electric knife) to carve meat as thin as possible (against the grain).
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together well.
- Assemble bowls by piling rice or noodles into a bowl, topping with some cabbage, red bell pepper, sesame seeds and finally the thinly sliced meat. Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss well. Taste test and add more dressing as needed. Eat and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot