A clean out the fridge and pantry type of recipe. Lots of ingredients that somehow all work together for a warm, comforting supper.
- 1 pound lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ tsp seasoned salt, divided
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder, divided
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- 4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 ½ cups beef broth (or 1 ½ cups water with 1 ½ tsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base)
- ¾ cup long grain white rice, converted rice or jasmine rice
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 pound potatoes, cubed (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 (10 oz) can Campbells condensed tomato soup
- 1 heaping cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare all your vegetables and ingredients.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté. When the display says HOT add in the beef. Break it up*. Add in the onions. Brown the beef and sauté onions for about 5 minutes. Stir in half seasoned salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and Worcestershire.
- Deglaze the pot with the beef broth. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice. Gently press to submerge.
- Layer the carrots, celery and potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the remaining half of seasoned salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and Worcestershire.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the tomato soup on top of the potatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes.
- When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot