A big pot of meat and vegetables that tastes oh so good and feeds a crowd!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 small 3-4 pound whole chicken
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2–3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 (14 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 cup frozen okra
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Clean out cavity of chicken and rinse. Pour broth into Instant Pot. Add the stew meat and the chicken (breast side down) into the pot. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10-15 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the chicken and set on a cutting board.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onion, cabbage, corn, tomatoes, lima beans, okra, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, pepper and cayenne pepper into Instant Pot with the broth and beef.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes.
- While its cooking, debone the chicken and remove the meat. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Stir in the chicken meat into the pot.
- Ladle into bowls and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.
This makes a huge amount! My 6 quart Instant Pot was full to the top when I added the chicken back in. You can share this with another family, save half for another day or halve the recipe.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Stew
- Method: Instant Pot