Pasta, chicken and broccoli in a flavorful sauce and topped with french fried onions.
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 12–16 ounces of chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper (this dish is quite peppery, you can reduce pepper to 1/2 tsp if you’d like)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (12 oz) package steamable frozen broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crispy fried onions
- Pour water into Instant Pot. Add in the bay leaf and the chicken base. Sprinkle in the pasta. Dump the chicken evenly over the pasta. Sprinkle the chicken with the celery salt, poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Add in the Worcestershire and butter.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Steam the broccoli in the microwave according to package directions.
- Stir the broccoli, cream and mozzarella into the Instant Pot. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle the crispy fried onions on top. Use air fryer lid for 2 minutes at 300 degrees to crisp up the top.
- Scoop onto plates or into bowls and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot