The easiest to make fall off the bone ribs made with a homemade Kansas City style rub and simple barbecue sauce.
For the ribs and rub:
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs Smithfield Prime Fresh Pork Back Ribs
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
For the barbecue sauce:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
- Remove the ribs from packaging and place on a large baking sheet. Blot the ribs with a paper towel until moisture is removed.
- Combine the brown sugar, paprika, pepper, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper in a bowl. Mix until combined. Rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the ribs evenly. Let the ribs sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Pour 1 cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the trivet in bottom of the pot. Coil the ribs around the edge of the inside of the pot.
- If you’d like to make your own barbecue sauce, combine ketchup, water, vinegar and tapioca in a small oven safe bowl (like a Pyrex or Corningware). Carefully place the bowl in the middle of the ribs, on top of the trivet.
- Lock the lid onto the top of the Instant Pot. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual button to 28 minutes.
- When timer goes off allow the pressure to release naturally for about 20 minutes or until the pin drops. Carefully switch the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Using gloves carefully remove the barbecue sauce and the ribs. Place the ribs on a baking sheet and baste them with the barbecue sauce. Place them under your oven’s broiler for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
This recipe is gluten free.
- Method: Instant Pot