An easy recipe for savory rice and mushrooms.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 7 green onions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When displays says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the mushrooms and saute for 4 minutes. Add in the green onions and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Sprinkle in the salt, basil, thyme and the rice. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot