A dump and go, one pot meal that couldn’t be easier. It has so much flavor! A perfect weeknight meal.
- 2 cups broth (vegetable, chicken or beef)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz fettuccine
- 8 oz coarsely chopped spinach (frozen works too)
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Add broth and olive oil into Instant Pot. Break the fettuccine in half and lay them in a criss-cross pattern into the broth. Add the spinach, tomatoes, tomato sauce, shallots, garlic powder, basil, oregano, cayenne, pepper and salt into Instant Pot on top of the noodles, do not stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Scoop onto plates and serve.
If you’d like to add meat to this dish I suggest slicing up smoked sausage and adding it in with the spinach. You could also brown up some ground Italian sausage or ground beef using the sauté setting and then add in the broth and deglaze the pot before moving on with the recipe. If you do end up using sausage you may want to reduce the amount of salt.
Make this in your 6 or 8 quart pot. For the 3 quart pot halve the recipe and keep the same cooking time.
Recipe adapted from Budget Bytes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot