Bowtie pasta with meatballs, spinach and parmesan topped with a buttery breadcrumb topping.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 13 ounces of frozen Italian meatballs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 6 Tbsp breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 Tbsp shredded parmesan
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the onion and celery. Saute for 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Turn off saute setting.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in the pasta, Italian seasoning and meatballs.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in a pinch of salt and pepper, spinach and parmesan cheese.
- In a bowl make the topping. Stir together the melted butter, breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley and oregano.
- If using an air fryer lid: Sprinkle the topping over the top of the pasta. Place air fryer lid on top of Instant Pot and bake at 375 for 5 minutes, or until topping is browned. If using the oven: Scrape the mixture into a 9×9 inch pan. Sprinkle the topping over the the pasta. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, or until topping is browned.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot