Creamy, saucy chicken and pasta that has lots of flavor with just a few easy ingredients.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz uncooked rigatoni, penne, cavatappi, macaroni or rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts cut into the size of tenderloins
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 (24 oz) jar or can of tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 2–3 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water
- 6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Turn off the pot.
- Add in the pasta in a single layer covering with broth as much as possible. Lay the chicken on top of the pasta in an even layer. Sprinkle salt, pepper and Italian seasoning on top of the chicken. Dump the pasta sauce over the chicken. Add the cream cheese brick on top of the pasta sauce.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes for rigatoni or rotini or 4 minutes for penne, cavatappi or macaroni. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir the contents of the pot and stir in the spinach. Thicken with cornstarch if desired. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. In a small bowl stir together 2-3 Tbsp of cornstarch with 3 Tbsp of water, until smooth.Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly. Turn off the pot.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy with a sprinkle 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese on each bowl.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot