A big pot of red potatoes, carrots and green beans steamed in your Instant Pot in a few minutes. These vegetables make a perfect side dish to a chicken, fish or beef dinner.
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 lb whole peeled carrots, cut into large pieces
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, cut in half (if they are medium sized potatoes, if they are baby potatoes then don’t cut them at all)
- Pour water or broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place steamer basket* into the Instant Pot. Fill steamer basket with prepared potatoes, carrots and green beans. I like to put the potatoes on the bottom.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When the timer beeps indicating the time is up let the pot sit for 5 additional minutes if you want the vegetables a little more soft. If you like the vegetables less soft then perform a quick release. Then move the valve to venting.
- Open the pot and serve vegetables. We like to put a little butter on our veggies and some salt and pepper. You can season with whatever fancy seasonings you like!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
You can use baby carrots instead of whole carrots.
I haven’t made this particular recipe in the slow cooker yet, but you totally could. I would add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Protein: 4 g