Skinny noodles, ground beef, cabbage, carrots and onions lightly coated with hoisin and soy sauce and then topped with sesame seeds and green onions. An easy one pot meal that has amazing flavor!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2–3 cups chopped green cabbage
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vegetable or canola oil
- For topping: sliced green onions or scallions and sesame seeds
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Spread it out in the pot and let it brown for about 5 minutes until it starts to char. Use a spoon to lift the charred beef up off bottom of the pot and toss it around. Add in the garlic and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Break angel hair pasta in half and add in into the pot in a criss cross pattern. Gently press down.
- Add the onion, carrots and cabbage on top of pasta so that it is covered completely. Then dump the oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and vinegar on top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes. Move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir well and if you used a lean ground beef toss in the oil (if you used a higher fat meat you won’t need the oil). If desired add in more hoisin to taste.
- Scoop into bowls and top with green onions/scallions and sesame seeds. If you like heat add a few drops of sriracha sauce.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use an 8 quart Instant Pot.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot