An easy yet impressive potato dish with butter, cheese, bacon and sour cream. You might not even need a main dish!
- 4 medium Russet Potatoes
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Bacon crumbles
- Sour cream
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into the bottom of Instant Pot. Place a trivet in the bottom.
- Scrub the potatoes. Place two chopsticks (or something else equivalent in diameter) on a cutting board and place one potato in between them, with the long-axis of the potatoes running parallel to the chopsticks. Using a sharp knife, make cuts approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch apart starting at least 1/2 inch from the end of the potato. Stop cutting when your knife hits the chopsticks (the bottom will still be connected). Repeat until the entire potato is sliced. Repeat with the other 3 potatoes.
- In a small bowl stir together the butter, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Use a pastry brush to brush half of the mixture over the potatoes. Spread apart the slices to ensure the sauce gets in between the pieces.
- Place the potatoes on top of the trivet in the Instant Pot. Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up move the valve to venting and use tongs to place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Carefully brush the rest of the butter sauce over and in between potato slices.
- Cut several pieces of cheese 1 inch square and place them in between each potato slice. Sprinkle bacon bits on top. Place in the oven and bake under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve potatoes with sour cream on top.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot