A one pot meal with chicken, wild rice, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, craisins and almonds. It’s healthy and delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (23 ounces), peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Add chicken broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the wild rice. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Move the rice (and any remaining liquid) into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into Instant Pot. Add the sweet potatoes and then the brussels sprouts into a steamer basket. Drop the basket into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up move the valve to venting and remove the lid. Move the steamer basket out of the pot. Discard the liquid in the bottom of the pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting and add the rice, chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, thyme and cumin into the pot. Toss well. Cook until chicken has warmed through. Toss in the sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, craisins, almonds and olive oil. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot