Ground meat seasoned with greek seasoning, rice and tomatoes served with creamy yogurt cucumber sauce and fun toppings like feta cheese. A fresh, fun and easy way to enjoy Greek flavors.
- 1 pound ground beef or ground lamb
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp greek seasoning
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/4 cups broth
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, converted rice or long grain white rice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- For serving: diced tomatoes, feta cheese, diced red onion, chopped kalamata olives, banana peppers, sliced pita bread
For the Tzatziki sauce:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (I use full fat)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the ground meat and break it up. Add in the onion. Brown for about 5 minute. Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in the greek seasoning and the garlic cloves.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice, dump in the tomatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Stir.
- Make the tzatziki sauce by stirring the yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- In a bowl or plate scoop some of the rice mixture. Drop a big dollop of tzatziki on top. Serve with diced tomatoes, feta, red onion, olives and pita slices.
- Method: Instant Pot