Brown rice and chicken are tossed with a lemon juice, olive oil, fresh garlic and vinegar dressing. Diced cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion and feta cheese are stirred into the rice to complete the one pot meal.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (can be frozen)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Dash of thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Pour rice and chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for another 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the chicken and dice or shred. Add it back into the pot. Stir in the cucumber, pepper, onion, feta, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, garlic cloves, oregano, thyme, 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Toss it well. Black pepper to taste. Add in more feta to taste, if desired. Add in more lemon juice to taste, if desired.
- Scoop into bowls and serve.
If you want you can make this recipe with white rice. For short grain white rice use 1 1/2 cups rice and 2 1/4 cups broth and cook for 8 minutes and then a 10 minute natural pressure release. For long grain white rice use 1 1/2 cups rice and 2 1/4 cups broth and cook for 3 minutes and then a 10 minute natural pressure release. For long grain white rice cut the chicken into pieces so it will cook at the same rate as the rice.
To make this in the slow cooker: Coat slow cooker with non stick spray. Add 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice and then stir in 1 3/4 cups boiling water. Place chicken on top of rice. Cover and cook until rice is tender. About 2 hours on high. Remove the lid and follow directions 3 and 4 above.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: chicken, rice, one pot meal