- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (1 pound) pork tenderloins (I bought a package that had two little tenderloins in it–so 2 pounds total)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼–½ cup milk
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 4 Tbsp cold water
- Open the package of pork tenderloin. Set the pork on a cutting board and blot it with a paper towel to absorb any moisture. If needed, cut the pork tenderloins in half (crosswise) so that it will fit inside your Instant Pot.
- Combine the kosher salt, pepper and Italian in a small bowl. Rub the seasonings all over the pork evenly.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil. Swirl around the oil. Place the pork into the bottom of the pot, you might have to arrange it to all fit. Let the pork sit for 3 minutes and then flip it to the other side and brown it for 3 minutes on the other side (skip to the next step while waiting). Use tongs to remove the pork from the pot and place it back on the cutting board. Pat the minced garlic evenly over the surface of the tenderloins.
- While the pork is browning prepare your potatoes. Wash and peel the potatoes (I usually just leave the peels on) and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the pot and scrape off any brown bits that remain. Add in the potatoes in an even layer. Place the pork tenderloins on top of the potatoes. You may have to arrange them to fit.
- Cover you pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Open the pot and move the pork to a platter. The pork needs to be at least 145 degrees F in the middle. I use a digital thermometer*. Let the pork sit for 5 minutes before slicing it.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes. Place them in a bowl. Use a masher to mash them. Stir in the butter and milk and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Use the liquid in the Instant Pot to make gravy. Turn the Instant Pot to sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together the corn starch and the cold water until completely smooth. Stir the mixture into the pot and whisk until the gravy is thick. Salt and pepper the gravy to taste.
- Serve the sliced pork loin with the mashed potatoes and gravy. Enjoy!
If you just want the pork tenderloin and don’t want the potatoes: Place the pork on a trivet instead of the potatoes. Pour 1 ½ cups of water in the bottom of the pot. Deglaze the pot with the water. Keep the cooking time the same.
This recipe is gluten free.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot