Fork tender roast beef that is flavored with garlic and other filipino adobo flavors. Perfect to serve on rolls or over rice for a quick and easy dinner that can feed a crowd.
- 3 pound chuck roast, trimmed of all excess fat (see note)
- ½ cup white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed (smashed with the side of a knife and peeled)
- 1 ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- Cut your roast into quarters. Trim off all of the fat and connective tissue. Place the roast in your Instant Pot.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves into the pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 70 minutes. Allow time for a natural pressure release. This means you’ll let the pot sit there until the valve goes down by itself. This is an important part of getting your meat tender. Remove the lid.
- Discard the bay leaves. Remove the meat and place it on a cutting board. Turn the Instant Pot to the highest saute setting and let it simmer the liquid to reduce for about 7 minutes (I didn’t stir, I just set a timer and walked away). Shred the meat and add it back into the pot and let it simmer in the liquid.
- Serve the meat with tongs on top of buns, rolls, bread, on top of rice or any other way you want it. I added a little mozzarella to the top of my sandwich.
For extra flavor you can brown your roast using the saute setting. I am lazy and chose to skip this step.
You can use a frozen roast. However before you freeze your roast cut off all the excess fat and cut it into quarters. Increase the pressure cooking time to 80 minutes. If your roast isn’t trimmed of fat and it is in one big chunk there will be a lot of fat in the meat. Plus the roast won’t be flavored as well. You’ll also need to increase the cooking time by another 10 minutes.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe can be gluten free. Use gluten free soy sauce and serve over rice instead of bread.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot