Make 2 casseroles at the same time! One for now and one for later (freezer meal), or one for you and one for a friend. With just a handful of ingredients and your Instant Pot you can make this recipe in fewer steps and less time than the traditional way of making it!
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 3 ¾ cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) package of cavatappi or penne or bow tie pasta
- 2 (24 oz) jars pasta sauce
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and sausage. Break it up and brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Sprinkle in the pasta, press to submerge as much as possible.
- Dump both jars of pasta sauce over the top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute for cavatappi and 2 minutes for penne or bow tie. (Yes it will cook in 1 minute if you are making this recipe as stated. The pot will take a while to come to pressure because it is so full.)
- When time is up let the pot sit for 8-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Stir in the spinach.
- Evenly distribute the pasta into two separate 9×13 inch pans.
- Cut the cream cheese into about 30 small pieces. Randomly place 15 of the pieces in one pan and 15 of the pieces in the other pan.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan evenly over each pan.
- If eating right away, bake in the oven, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes at 350° F. If saving for later wrap tightly with foil and freeze. When ready to eat, bake from frozen in a 350° F oven for 90 minutes. Keep the foil on until the last 10 minutes.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 8 quart pot with no changes. Halve in the 3 quart pot and increase pressure cooking time to 4 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven