Cheesy sliced potatoes with lots of french onion flavor. A perfect side dish!
- 2 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- 1 oz packet of onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Place the sliced potatoes in a steamer basket. Don’t stack them straight on top of each other, scatter them instead.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place the steamer basket into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Test potatoes for doneness, if they are not done then cook for one additional minute.
- Remove the steamer basket from the Instant Pot and set aside. Dump out the water and dry the pot out.
- Add sour cream, flour, half and half and onion soup mix into Instant Pot and stir well. Turn Instant Pot to saute (less) setting and heat up the mixture. Once it’s heated through turn off the pot.
- Fold in the potatoes so they are coated well with the sour cream mixture.
- Stir in half of the cheese and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Place an air fryer lid on top and air fry at 400 degrees F for about 3-5 minutes, or until top starts to brown.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
You can also finish this dish off in the oven. Add the steamed potatoes to a baking dish and coat with the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot