Broccoli coated in creamy french onion dip, cheddar cheese and then topped with crispy fried onions. Even broccoli haters lover this casserole!
- 1 (20-25 oz) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup sour cream based French onion dip
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup French fried onions
Instant Pot Instructions:
- In a big mixing bowl stir together the broccoli, dip, soup and 1 cup of the cheese. Toss well so that all the broccoli is coated. Pour into a deep pot-in-pot dish (I used a 3 quart liner* as a pot in pot dish inside my 6 quart Instant Pot).
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place the pot-in-pot dish on top of a sling/trivet and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir the broccoli dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the French fried onions and serve. (You can brown up the topping in the oven or use your Instant Pot air fryer lid, if desired).
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- In a big mixing bowl stir together the broccoli, dip, soup and cheese. Toss well so that all the broccoli is coated. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Remove the lid.
- Stir the broccoli dish. Sprinkle with the French fried onions and serve.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker