The most tender and delicious Instant Pot steak ever! Flank steak or skirt steak is pressure cooked in a garlic balsamic marinade sauce and then sliced and served. No knives needed to cut this steak!
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 (2 pound) flank or skirt steak
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup chicken or beef broth
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Press kosher salt and pepper on each side of the steak. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Brown the steak in the oil for 2 minutes on each side. Move the steak to the side and deglaze the pot with the broth.
- Add in vinegars, mustard and garlic. Place the steak down into the liquid.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 50 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 15 minutes and then move the valve to venting to release any remaining pressure. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place steak on a cutting board. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Then slice the steak against the grain. Drizzle juices from Instant Pot over the steak. Eat and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make this in your 3 or 8 quart pot with no changes. For 3 quart pot you may need to slice steak in half to fit.
Slow Cooker Instructions: Heat pan over medium high heat. Add in oil. Press kosher salt and pepper on each side of the steak. Brown steak on each side for 2 minutes. Add steak to slow cooker. Stir rest of ingredients together and pour over the top of steak. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot