A homemade version of Cafe Rio’s fideo noodle meal with chicken. The Instant Pot cooks the noodles and chicken while the other ingredients braise in flavor-infused broth. The whole thing comes together in a few minutes and tastes great served with a wedge of lime, cilantro, cheese, sour cream and tortilla strips.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz angel hair or vermicelli pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fired roasted tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles
- 1 lime, juiced
Toppings (use more or less according to your discretion):
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro,
- 2 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 lime wedges
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the olive oil, carrots and onion. Saute for 4-5 minutes. Add in the green onion and garlic and saute for 60 seconds. Add in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Break the pasta in half or smaller pieces and add to the pot in a criss cross pattern. Place chicken evenly over the pasta. Sprinkle the cumin, coriander, black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt over the chicken. Dump the tomatoes and green chiles on top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Stir in the lime juice. Scoop evenly into 4-6 bowls. Top each serving with cilantro, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, lime wedges and tortilla strips. Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot