Easy, meaty spaghetti and sauce that turns out perfect in the Instant Pot or the Crockpot every time!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups V8 or tomato juice
- 4 oz spaghetti (whole wheat is okay)
- 1 Tbsp minced dry onion
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz chopped mushrooms
- 1 (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Parmesan cheese
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Pour in the V8 and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the minced onion, garlic powder, mustard, allspice, pepper, bay leaf, salt, Italian seasoning.
- Break the spaghetti into 2 inch pieces and scatter them into the pot. Press down to submerge a little.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and tomato sauce evenly over the top of the spaghetti. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Discard the bay leaf.
- Stir in the vinegar. Stir well and serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Brown beef and drain. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add in the V8, minced dry onion, garlic powder, dry mustard, allspice, pepper, bay leaf, salt, Italian seasoning, mushrooms and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-5 hours. Turn on high the last hour and stir in the dry spaghetti (break into 2 inch pieces).
- Discard the bay leaf. Stir in the vinegar. Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Read the notes above for more tips and tricks.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker