If you like sushi you’re going to love this rice! It’s inspired by a sushi roll but is seriously so fast and easy to make with no crazy ingredients.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups rinsed raw jasmine rice
- 16 ounces frozen raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 5 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (I used Nakano Roasted Garlic Rice Vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- Garnish: Sriracha, sesame seeds, sliced green onions
- Pour water and rice into Instant Pot. Place a tall trivet into the pot. Place a pan* on top of the trivet*. Add the frozen shrimp into the pan. Cover the pan with a lid or foil.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the shrimp pan and set aside. Stir the seasoned rice vinegar and sesame seeds into the rice.
- Make the sauce by stirring the mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha together in a small bowl.
- Stir the shrimp into the rice.
- Scoop the rice into bowls and drizzle with the sauce. Garnish with extra sriracha, sesame seeds and green onions. Eat and enjoy!
If you use regular rice vinegar instead of seasoned vinegar you’ll need to add in 1-2 tsp of kosher salt and 2-4 teaspoons of white sugar.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Instant Pot