An Americanized, mild version of the popular Thai dish. Noodles, veggies, sauce and chicken with lots of flavor (but not spicy).
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 serrano peppers, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 8 oz linguine or fettuccine noodles
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs sliced into ½ inch strips
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 green onions, diced
- 10 leaves of Thai or regular basil, torn
- Prepare all the ingredients. Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the displays says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the bell pepper, carrots and serrano peppers. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened but still crisp. Add in the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Move the vegetables to one side of the pot and add in the eggs and stir until cooked through. Move the vegetables and eggs to a plate.
- Pour the broth into the Instant Pot and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Break the noodles in half and lay in a criss cross pattern. Add the chicken pieces evenly on top of the pasta.
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and fish sauce. Pour the sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Stir well. Stir in the vegetables and egg, green onions and basil.
- Scoop into bowls and serve.
This recipe calls for bell peppers and carrots but zucchini, snap peas or broccoli would be good too.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot