Skip the drive thru! Make this instead. You’ll still get that savory, cheesy, late-night-taco-inspired flavor you’re craving with this easy Instant Pot dinner.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I used 90/10)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp corn meal
For the toppings:
- Tortilla chips
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced avocado
- Sour cream
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, chopped
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Brown for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the beef broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Dump in the beans. Dump the salsa on top of the beans. Sprinkle the corn meal on top of the salsa. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well.
- On each plate layer the following: tortilla chips, meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, sour cream and jalapenos. Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot