Tender chicken with a creamy mushroom sauce and sprinkled with crispy bacon crumbles.
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 boneless or bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat (or 2 bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the bacon and fry until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to move the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain all but 2 Tbsp of the bacon fat. Add the mushrooms and shallot into the Instant Pot and saute in the bacon fat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in the chicken, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cream and cornstarch until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Add in the cornstarch mixture. Let the sauce thicken.
- Season to taste. Break up chciken with a fork, or keep it in whole pieces. Add the bacon into the pot. Serve the chicken and sauce over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot