Tender bites of chicken with an amazing sauce of just 3 ingredients: salsa, lime juice, and sour cream. This chicken and sauce tastes great over rice or rolled up in a tortilla. Plus it’s so fast and easy to make, you can even use frozen chicken.
- ½ cup water or broth
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup picante sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Optional: grated cheddar and chopped cilatro
- Add water into Instant Pot. Place chicken into the pot. Pour the picante sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes for thawed chicken or 18 minutes for frozen chicken (or go by this more precise method). When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Shred up the chicken. Stir in the sour cream and lime juice. If the sauce needs to be thickened turn on the saute setting and add in a lump-free mixture of 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 Tbsp cold water. Stir until thickened.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice over tortillas with cheddar and cilantro if desired.
You can also use bone-in chicken (18 minutes) or boneless thighs (same as breast, can be frozen or thawed).