Tender bites of chicken enveloped in a creamy parmesan and lemon sauce. You can make this quickly in your Instant Pot and serve the chicken and sauce with pasta, rice or even zoodles.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 2 cups water and 2 tsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base)
- 2 or 3 chicken breasts (I used 2 large chicken breasts about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display says HOT add in the oil. Swirl it around. Add in the diced onion and stir. Add in the garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Saute the onion for about 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and deglaze the pot. Nestle the chicken into the pot and lightly salt and pepper the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes (12 minutes for frozen chicken). Let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Slice the chicken.
- Turn Instant Pot to the saute function. In a small bowl whisk together the half and half and the cornstarch until smooth. Stir the mixture into the pot. It will thicken up the sauce in a couple of minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and the parmesan.
- Serve the sauce over the top of the chicken. I served mine with noodles but you can also serve the chicken and sauce with rice, zoodles or potatoes. See my note below about how to cook the pasta at the same time.
Optional: If you want to cook pasta at the same time and in the same pot you can. Just get a pan that will fit inside your Instant Pot* and fill it with 3 cups or water and then add 10 ounces of pasta. Carefully place the pan on top of the chicken. I use a homemade silicone sling that I cut from a silicone baking mat* to lower my pan down onto the chicken. You can also make a foil sling.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe is GLUTEN-FREE! Just check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Serve on rice, potatoes, zoodles or gluten-free noodles.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American