Tender seasoned chicken breasts enveloped in a creamy lemon sauce.
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp butter (cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting and let it heat up. In a small bowl mix together the kosher salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Pat the mixture over the chicken breasts.
- When the display says HOT add in 1 Tbsp of butter and let it melt. Then place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the pot in one layer. Let them sit there for 3 minutes. Then use tongs to turn over the chicken breasts and brown on the other side for 3 minutes. Move them to a plate.
- Pour the broth into the pot and scrape the bottom of the pot. Turn off the saute setting. Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and the 3 Tbsp of butter. Place the chicken back into the pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use a digital thermometer* to make sure the middle of the chicken is at least 165° F. Move the chicken to a platter.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Stir the half and half and the cornstarch together until smooth and creamy. Stir ¼ cup of the hot liquid into the half and half to temper it. Then stir the mixture into the pot. The sauce will thicken up quickly. Once it’s thick turn off the pot. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the chicken and serve it drizzled with lots of the creamy lemon sauce. You can serve this chicken and sauce with rice, cauliflower rice or pasta.
Recipe adapted from Dinner then Dessert.
For keto: use heavy cream instead of half and half and boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts. Leave out the cornstarch and thicken with a low carb alternative.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can make this in your 3 quart pot with no changes. For the 8 quart pot increase broth to 1 ½ cups.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot