A simple chicken and rice dinner with carrots and spinach. It’s creamy but doesn’t have any cream of soups in it and takes just a few minutes to dump everything in and go.
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz baby carrots (the thicker ones)
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add broth to the Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice. Then lay the chicken on top. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Lay the carrots on top of the chicken.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Carefully stir in the half and half and the spinach. Break up the chicken into pieces. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot