Tender bites of chicken are cooked with spaghetti in your electric pressure cooker. The spaghetti is tossed with crumbled bacon, spinach, tomatoes, garlic and parmesan for a flavorful meal that the whole family will love.
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (or 1 3/4 cups water plus 1 3/4 tsp chicken better than bouillon base)
- 8 oz thin spaghetti (I used whole wheat thin spaghetti)
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup half and half or 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (3 oz) package crumbled and cooked bacon (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- Add ingredients to Instant Pot. Pour broth into Instant Pot. Break the spaghetti in half and place into the pot. Add the chicken on top. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Sprinkle the paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic, crushed pepper on top of the chicken. Pour the tomatoes over the top of the chicken.
- Pressure cook. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure. Make sure valve is set to sealing. When the time is up let the pot sit there for at least 5 minutes before moving the valve to venting. Open the pot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir in the half and half (or cream cheese), parmesan cheese, bacon and spinach. Turn the pot to the saute mode to heat up the half and half, melt the cheese and cook the spinach until wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Scoop the pasta into serving dishes and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This recipe can easily be doubled to feed a crowd. Double all ingredients and keep the cooking time the same.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, bacon, chicken