A creamy soup flavored with ranch dressing mix and packed with chicken, carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, cream cheese and bacon. Like crack chicken but in a soup form!
- 7 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the bacon and cook until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to move the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain all but 2 Tbsp of the bacon grease. Add in the onion and celery and saute for 4 minutes. Add in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in the carrots, potatoes, garlic powder, ranch, pepper, chicken and cream cheese.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the soup button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Then stir the slurry into the pot and let soup thicken a bit.
- Turn off saute setting. Stir in the spinach and bacon. Ladle into bowls and serve.
If you’d like you can also use raw chicken. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces before adding it into the pot. Use the same cooking time (5 minutes).
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot