Meatloaf seasoned with chili powder and bbq sauce is topped with mashed potatoes, french fried onions and cheddar cheese.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90/10 works well)
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/3 cup crispy fried onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a mixing bowl add the ground beef, onion, Italian seasoning, bbq sauce, egg, chili powder and kosher salt. Mix until combined.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of a 7×3 inch pot-in-pot dish. Press it flat with the palms of your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place the pan on top of a trivet with handles. Lower the pan into the bottom of the pot. Place another trivet over the top of the meatloaf dish and place the halved potatoes on top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to move potatoes to a medium bowl. Add butter in with the potatoes. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Stir in the milk and bacon. Salt and pepper the potatoes to taste.
- Spread the potatoes on top of the meatloaf. Sprinkle the fried onions and cheese on top. Use your air fryer lid to melt the cheese for about 2-3 minutes at 400. If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can broil in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot