A hearty, meaty lasagna that can be made fast in your Instant Pot or slow in the Crockpot.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 (24 oz) jar of pasta sauce (I used Classico brand)
- 6 lasagna noodles (the no boil/oven ready kind)
- 3 oz package of pepperoni
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Brown the ground beef and the Italian sausage together and drain off excess grease. I did this step on my stove top but you can also use the sauté setting of your Instant Pot to brown the meat.
- You’ll need a deep pot-in-pot dish for this recipe. I used a Fat Daddios 7 inch by 4 inch pan*. Another choice is to use the 3 quart Instant Pot liner inside the 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot liner. Spread a few spoonfuls of pasta sauce into the bottom of the dish. Mix the ricotta cheese and the egg together until smooth.
- Begin layering the ingredients as follows: 2 lasagna noodles (break in half to fit), ⅓ of the pasta sauce, ⅓ of the meat, ⅓ of the pepperoni, ⅓ of the ricotta, ⅓ of the parmesan and ⅓ of the mozzarella. Repeat two more times.
- Cover the pan with foil. Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place the lasagna dish on top of a sling/trivet. Lower the dish into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for at least 10 minutes and then move valve to venting and release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lasagna dish and remove the foil. Let sit for a few minutes before slicing and eating.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Brown the ground beef and the Italian sausage together and drain off excess grease.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of pasta sauce into the bottom of slow cooker. Mix the ricotta cheese and the egg together until smooth.
- Begin layering the ingredients as follows: 3 lasagna noodles (break to fit), ½ of the pasta sauce, ½ of the meat, ½ of the pepperoni, ½ of the ricotta, ½ of the parmesan and ½ of the mozzarella. Repeat one more time.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Unplug the slow cooker and let it sit 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Loaves and Dishes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot