Tender bites of chicken with penne pasta, mushrooms, apples, cheese and bacon. A dish that tastes fancy but it super easy to make!
- 5 slices of uncooked bacon
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 8 ounces sliced or chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces penne
- 20–24 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Poultry seasoning
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Chop bacon into half inch pieces. When display says HOT add in the bacon and fry until it is crisp. Use a slotted spoon to move the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Add the onions into the pot and saute in the bacon grease while scraping the bottom of the pan to release the browned bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add in the mushrooms. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the water and scrape bottom of pot if there is anything that is still sticking to the bottom of the pot. Stir in the Better than Bouillon, garlic powder and balsamic vinegear.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the pasta evenly. Don’t stir.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half by placing your hand on top of the boneless, skinless chicken breast, slice horizontally into the chicken, dividing it half. They should be about a half inch thick. Sprinkle the chicken cutlets with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to taste. Place the chicken on top of the penne in an even layer.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the apple, heavy cream, cheese and bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot