Chicken thighs braised in a tomato sauce with aromatic spices such as curry powder, nutmeg, and pepper.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen or fresh)
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When displays says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add in the chicken. Sprinkle with chicken with paprika, cayenne, salt, curry, pepper, nutmeg and parsley. Stir to coat the chicken in the seasonings.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Dump diced tomatoes on top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl, stir cornstarch together with a quarter cup of the hot liquid from the pot until mixture is smooth. Then turn Instant Pot to saute setting and stir the cornstarch into the pot until sauce thickens. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Break the chicken up with a spoon. Stir in the raisins and almonds.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot