Need to free up some oven space? Make cornbread in your electric pressure cooker. This recipe makes the same amount of cornbread as a 9 x 9 inch pan in the oven.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Add oil, butter, eggs and milk into the well. Stir until just mixed.
- Spray a half size 6 cup bundt pan* with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Loosely cover the top of the pan with a dome of foil to prevent dripping on top of cornbread.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the bundt pan on a trivet/sling* and lower it into the bottom of the Instant Pot. You may need to rearrange the foil a little to fit.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Remove the pan out of the Instant Pot. Remove the foil. Place a plate on top of the pan. Then quickly invert the pan onto the top of the plate.
- Cut the cornbread and serve warm with butter and honey.
I adapted this recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. If you’re interested in making this in the oven please visit her site.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American