Cilantro and a hint of lime create a memorable take on classic potato salad. By cooking the eggs and potatoes together in your Instant Pot you’ll cut down on steps, dishes and time! Try this recipe out and you may never go back to regular potato salad again.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes, washed and cut into cubes
- 6 eggs
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (I like full fat or 2%)
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp diced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- Add potatoes and eggs. Pour water into the Instant Pot. Place steamer basket* in the Instant Pot. Put the potatoes into the steamer basket. If you have room you can place an oven safe dish on top of the potatoes and crack the eggs into it. This way you won’t have to peel hard boiled eggs. I used 2 ramekins and cracked 3 eggs into each one. If you can’t fit a dish in your Instant Pot you can place the eggs on top of the potatoes.
- Cook. Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure. Once the cooking time is up perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. Once all the pressure is released, remove the lid. Remove the eggs and set aside. Pour the potatoes into a large salad bowl and set them in the fridge.
- Prepare your dressing. In a small bowl stir together the garlic, yogurt, mayo, olive oil, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Dice up your celery. Scoop the “egg loafs” out of their dish(es) or peel your hard boiled eggs. Chop up the eggs.
- Stir everything together. Gently stir the dressing, celery, eggs and potatoes together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the salad to let the potatoes and eggs cool and the flavors marry for at least an hour before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 457 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: salad, potluck, picnic, meatless