An easy, made from scratch recipe for fluffy churro bites rolled in cinnamon and sugar. A delightful snack or dessert that is perfectly poppable.
For the batter:
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon and milk. Then stir in the baking powder, flour and salt until no white streaks remain.
- Spray your silicone egg bites mold with non stick cooking spray. Spoon the batter into each mold. They should be about ¾ full. Cover your egg bite mold with foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place the egg bites mold on top of a trivet (I use this sling/trivet) and lower into the bottom of the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes on high pressure. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid and pull out the churro bites. Remove the foil. Place a plate on top of the egg molds. Then flip over the plate and the molds so that the churro bites pop out on top of the plate. Gently push your thumb into silicone mold to pop out the bites.
- In a bowl or on a plate stir the white sugar and cinnamon together. Roll each of the churro bites in the mixture to coat. Eat and enjoy!
You can double this recipe and make 14 churro bites instead of 7. You will need 2 silicone egg bite molds*. Double the ingredients for the batter. Use 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot liner to bring the pot to pressure. Stack the egg bite molds on top of each other. Each should be covered with foil. Keep the same cooking time.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot