A colorful spaghetti dish that feeds a crowd! Perfect for a large family or to share at a church potluck dinner.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 12 oz uncooked spaghetti (whole wheat is okay)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 (12 oz) bag mixed veggies
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 diced green pepper
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onion. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Pour the broth into the pot and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Break the spaghetti in half and scatter it in a criss cross pattern into the pot. It won’t all be under the liquid and that is okay.
- Dump the mushrooms on top of the spaghetti. Add mixed veggies on top of mushrooms. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce on top of veggies. Finally add in the green peppers, chili powder and garlic salt. Do not stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir contents of pot well. Stir in the cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use the 8 quart pot with no changes. For the 3 quart pot, half the recipe and keep the same cooking time.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot