An easy, flavorful, one pot meal with sausage, rice, beans and corn. With only 10 total ingredients this dinner comes together quickly.
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up. Add in the diced onion. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in the chicken broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Sprinkle in the rice and gently press down with spoon to submerge.
- Dump beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder and pepper on top. Finish off by adding in the green peppers. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes. Move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Serve and enjoy topped with a dollop of sour cream and Fritos chips.
I used my 3 quart Instant Pot Ultra*. You can also make this in the 6 or 8 quart pot.
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot