Chocolate, pecan and caramel clusters with a bit of crispy crunch from Rice Krispies. These candies have the perfect texture of chewiness, crispiness and softness.
- 1 (12 ounce) package of caramels (soft Werther’s or Kraft work well)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 3 cups semi sweet or milk chocolate chips (or a combination of the two)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Pour 2 cups of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting adjust to “more.”
- Unwrap all the caramel candies.
- Place a glass or metal bowl that sits in/on the Instant Pot without falling in on top of the Instant Pot.
- Add the caramels and water into the bowl. Stir every few minutes until melted and smooth.
- Stir the pecans and Rice Krispies into the bowl until coated well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a pan line with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes, or until firm (you can also pop them into the freezer).
- Clean out the caramel bowl and place it back on top of the Instant Pot. Add in the chocolate chips and the shortening. Stir every few minutes until smooth and melted. Turn the Instant Pot to the KEEP WARM setting.
- Place a caramel pecan bite onto a fork. Lower into the chocolate. Coat in the chocolate. Tap off excess chocolate. Then place onto the parchment paper. Repeat until all the caramel pecan bites are used (I had a little leftover chocolate that I dipped some marshmallows in).
- Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.
You can also use a double boiler on the stove to make this recipe.
Try sprinkling a little sea salt on top!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot