An easy way to make a copycat version of Chili’s cajun chicken and penne. It tastes soooo good and costs a fraction of the price you’d pay at a restaurant.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (around 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting.
- Add chicken, 1 Tbsp of olive oil and the cajun seasoning to a container with a lid. Shake to coat thoroughly.
- When display says HOT add in the remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Add the coated chicken into the pot and let sit and brown on one side for 2 minutes and then flip over and brown on other side for 2 minutes. Move chicken to a plate.
- Add the garlic into the pot and sauté for about 30 seconds. Stir in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off sauté setting.
- Add the penne into the pot. Add the butter and chicken and place on top of the penne.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Move chicken to a cutting board.
- Stir in the warm cream, lemon zest and parmesan cheese.
- Slice the chicken across the grain.
- Add a scoop of the penne to a bowl, top with some sliced chicken, add some tomatoes to the top and garnish with parsley, if desired. If needed add a few dashes of cajun seasoning, to taste.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot