Chicken and rice with a creamy sauce and topped with bubbly mozzarella cheese.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (or a combination)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 (10.5 oz) can Campbells cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot. Add in the chicken. Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Place a long legged trivet into the Instant Pot around the chicken. In a pot-in-pot dish add 1 ½ cups rice and 2 cups of water. Place the dish (covered or uncovered) on top of the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 10 minutes for fresh chicken or 12 minutes for frozen chicken. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the pot-in-pot dish and pour the rice into a 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and place it on a cutting board. Shred or chop the chicken (you can discard the broth). Spread the chicken evenly over the rice.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise and milk into a bowl and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella over the chicken. Then spread the cream of chicken mixture over the top. Finally top with the rest of the mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.
Try adding in a few cups of steamed, chopped broccoli on top of the rice in the baking dish.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven