Tender bites of chicken, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and potatoes enveloped in flavorful basil pesto sauce. An easy one pot meal that you can make in minutes in your electric pressure cooker.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow or red potatoes
- 1 medium yellow zucchini squash
- 1 medium green zucchini squash
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- Add ingredients to the pot. Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the pot. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place into the pot. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the chicken. Cut the potatoes into quarters (or 1 inch cubes). Place a steamer basket* on top of the chicken. Put the potatoes into the steamer basket.
- Pressure cook. Cover the Instant Pot and make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit there undisturbed for 10 minutes. Then move the valve to “venting.”
- Prepare vegetables. While the chicken and potatoes are cooking cut your zucchinis into quarters: cut off each end of zucchini and cut lengthwise in half. Cut each half in half again ending up with quarters. Line up quarters and slice across zucchini. Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Finish the dish. Remove the lid of the Instant Pot. Carefully remove the steamer basket and set it aside. Stir the zucchinis and tomatoes into the pot. Let the zucchini heat up and partially cook in the hot pot for about 5 minutes. Then gently stir in the potatoes and the pesto. Toss together. Scoop onto serving plates and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: one pot meal