Chicken tenders are smothered in a tangy mushroom sauce and mozzarella cheese. An easy dinner that tastes great with steamed asparagus or broccoli.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and let melt. Add in the mushrooms and sauté for about 4 minutes. Add in the onions and sauté for another 2 minutes. Stir in ¼ tsp of the salt and ¼ tsp of the pepper.
- Stir in the chicken and season with the remaining ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is ticking. Turn off Instant Pot. Stir in the vinegar.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes (for fresh chicken tenders) or 5 minutes (for frozen chicken tenders). When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl stir together the milk and cornstarch until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting and stir in the cornstarch mixture. It will thicken the sauce quickly.
- Place the chicken on a platter and top with mozzarella cheese. Drizzle the sauce over the top. Sprinkle parsley over the top. Serve and enjoy.
You can make this in the 3, 6, or 8 quart Instant Pot* with no changes.
This would taste amazing with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Cut them into bite size pieces and pressure cook for 5 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot